Thursday, December 7, 2006

Moments Apart in a Foreign Land

It has been one and a half years since I did the series "Moments Apart in a Foreign Land". It played a big part in my development as a photographer. The chance to catch up with Mami in Japan completes the circle that started 5 years (or was it 4 years ?) ago.

Then, when I was still a youngling, I had the chance then to sit in the workshop with other international photographer during the Month of Photography. I met Sherman and Mami, the two that opened my eyes to what other international artists are doing. That inspiration and seed of though has kept me developing in a certain style till today. It is quite a play on the tightrope to be aware of where the international scene is developing while still conscious enough not to be carried away but stand on each others' shoulders to develop my own style.


more of "Moments Apart in a Foreign Land" - http://www.rueyloon.com/japan/index.html
The exhibition is still on at 16 Duxton Hill until 15th December 2006.

No comments: